I’m just a girl who likes to write and my main outlet is this blog. I have no illusions about this whole blogging thing – I understand that there are millions of them and that mine is just one tiny dot in a sky full of stars. That is, until I was nominated for an award.
What happened then, well in my world they say that my small Sarah head grew three sizes that day! And then the true meaning of blogging came through and I found the narcissism of ten bloggers, plus two! (The little holiday gem is just so quotable!) Yep, I fully expect the entire world to give a crap about what I have to say now!
So this lovely lady named Amanda over at Amanda’s Babblejuice thought I was worth tagging and I must say that I’m incredibly humbled. Not only did I never expect most people who actually know me to read my stuff, but to have a stranger read it and like it and then promote it on her own blog, well I was tickled pink! I’m just ecstatic! Seriously, thank you.
Now, there isn’t a trophy or anything (though I wouldn’t turn down a nice cheese plate), but rather this award appears to be a way for bloggers to call attention to other blogs they feel are deserving of some love.
Rules (because lists are fun!):
- Thank the nominator
- Display award in post
- Answer the nominator’s 10 questions
- Nominate 10 other bloggers
- Pose 10 new questions to them
I, Queen Sarah of Life Loofah Land hereby nominate, in no particular order (oh who am I kidding this list is totally alphabetical because my eye twitched at the very thought if it not being so), the following bloggers for this prestigious honour:
- Cooking with a Wallflower
- Do Not Get Sick in the Sink, Please
- Drinking Tips for Teens
- Kate, Not Katherine
- Listful Thinking
- Ramona Crisstea
- Relatively Entertaining
- The Spirited Puddle Jumper
And to you lovely blogging folk, I pose the following very important questions:
- What is the last shape you saw in a cloud?
- What is your earliest book-ish memory (either reading yourself or being read to)?
- Grammar nazi or grammar hippie?
- Why do you blog?
- OMG, did you see the latest season of OITNB?
- What’s your favourite animal?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- How do you spell favourite?
- Do you like Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (and I don’t mean this monstrosity)?
- What is your ultimate travel-bucket-list destination?
And now to answer Amanda’s questions for me, here goes!
1. What’s your favourite book?
I’ve read the Harry Potter series more times than I can count, and my favourite is still The Prisoner of Azkaban.
2. Which one item of clothing would you wear for the rest of your life?
I have this one pair of yoga capris that are so comfortable, look great on me and can pass for casual or work-appropriate attire… now if only I hadn’t gotten oil-based paint on them, dang it!
3. Who do you admire the most?
Those who are able to make a living doing a job that they love. I don’t know how they find that, but I’m in awe of the people who do.
4. Your perfect holiday destination?
I assume by “holiday” that you mean Christmas, and I would never want to go anywhere at Christmas unless my whole family and extended family and my husband’s family could come too. If they could come, well then I think it’d be cool to do Christmas in Australia!
5. If you had a time machine, when would you go?
I’d go into the future to see if the machines really do take over. Dun, dun, DUN!
6. If you had to play one song on loop, which one would it be?
Right now, that song is Happy by Pharrell.
7. What inspired you to get into blogging?
Reading blogs by every-day people just like me who write because they want to share and connect with like-minded individuals. Plus, you know, the fame and fortune.
8. What’s your favourite TV show?
Buffy! Buffy the Vampire Slayer is such a great show in so many ways, just ask my husband (he’s certainly had to hear about it enough). It’s on Netflix now, so if you’ve never seen it, check it out!
9. If you could marry one film star, who would it be?
10. And finally, what is your most loved comfort food?
Slow-roasted beef and gravy with mashed potatoes. Oh my gosh, yum…
So there you have it! I’m suddenly very popular and will be arranging signed autographs in the near future for all of my adoring fans! I’ll also be keeping an eye on my mailbox for that congratulatory cheese plate which is sure to be coming any day now…