Welcome to Gratitude Gems, where I show a little appreciation for the good things in my life!
At this time of year, people take comfort in their own holiday traditions. Certain foods are served, cookies baked, and gifts bought. Some people sing carols, play board games, go to church, or watch specific Christmas movies. Other folks go away and celebrate Christmas in another province or country, sometimes in a completely different climate. Still others send cards, host parties, or go out and find their tree as a family.
Whatever they are, we all celebrate the holidays in our own special ways and I am no different. Here are some of my favourite small traditions that make this time of year all the more festive.
- Sleeping over at our families’ houses and being able to bring our dog
- Baking with my Mom
- Gathering with my extended family for a huge get together, which rotates houses every year
- Watching (in no particular order, and sometimes more than once!) Die Hard, Elf, Love Actually, and Miracle on 34th Street (the original, obviously)
- Setting up a few decorations in my office cubicle
- Hosting a Christmas party for all of our friends
- Christmas Eve with my in-laws with appetizers for dinner
- Getting and giving socks
I can’t wait for this weekend and all the fun and festivity yet to come! A very Merry Christmas to you and yours this holiday season!