Welcome to Gratitude Gems, where I show a little appreciation for the good things in my life!
Here I’ve missed two Mondays in a row, and that’s just unacceptable. It’s not that I haven’t been grateful, but I’ve just been too busy and/or lazy to make note of it here! So in classic catch-up style, here is a plethora of things for which I’ve been grateful lately:
- I get to work from home today!
- My hubby turned up the water heater so now I can have almost endless hot showers!
- Yesterday was Family Day, which means I got to spend a few hours with my immediate family and my Aunts and Uncles and cousins eating hot dogs and catching up!
- I got to be lazy in sweats and a t-shirt when I went for dinner at a friend’s house!
- I finished a Christmas cross stitch that I’ve been meaning to do for a very long time!
- I have Donut Faeries – I had an intense craving last week and two amazing friends saw to it that my craving was satiated!
- My mom and sister-in-law and mother-in-law are all planning a baby shower for me!
- So many Harlowe cuddles!!
- My hubby vacuumed out and washed the floor mats in the car, so it’s practically sparkling inside now!
- If it wasn’t for plain black tea and/or Coke, I don’t know how I’d stay awake most days!
- Endless desserts – leftover donuts and cinnamon buns and chocolate zucchini cake, oh my!
- Having a steering wheel with an adjustable height means I can still drive comfortably!
- We’re having lovely warm weather for February!
- I have free reign over nursery design decisions!
- I love having a dog that gets along well with almost any other dog, both ones we know and random ones at the park!
- I still had a floater stat to use up, which meant I took an unexpected day off last week!
- Valentine’s Day with my hubby was awesome this year; it consisted of chocolate, Deadpool, the dog park, Breakout, and DeLux Burger Bar!
- My midwife provides constant support and makes me believe in my body’s ability to do what it was made to do!
- I happened to find a random recipe online last week, tweaked it a bit to our tastes, and ended up making a hit casserole!
- We just received a used but like-new infant car seat from family that still meets safety regulations, so that’s yet another baby item we don’t need to buy!
- Netflix has some awesome original programming (e.g. Daredevil and Jessica Jones) that is perfect for binge-watching when I’m done moving for the day!
- A highlight of my weekend was watching my adorable niece Laurel jump and crawl and roar like a lion!
Sometimes it’s too hard to pick just one thing to be grateful for… it really is all of the little things that make all the difference!