I’m now 32 and we have a baby and so much has changed! Obviously my 33rd year will be dominated by baby adventures… there will be so many firsts, and challenges, and memories to cherish!
Thus when I thought about my goals, it seemed natural that baby would take the forefront. That said, I also want to make sure that I don’t forget about me, and my marriage, and my friends in the process, so I decided to separate my 33 goals for this year into three main categories.
So without further ado, here are the goals I’m setting out to accomplish this year!
Overall Goal #1: Enjoy the first year with our new baby!
1. document at least 5 firsts
2. attend a new moms’ group
3. read two books that contain two different perspectives on parenting
4. take a monthly baby photo for the first 12 months
5. take a mom & baby class
6. breastfeed in public without fear
7. start completing a baby book keepsake
8. go on our first camping trip with baby
9. take baby to the park for a picnic
10. get professional family photos taken
11. make something for baby
12. organize two play dates with friends who also have a baby
13. read at least 12 different books to baby
14. learn some basic sign language with baby
15. go to a movie matinee with baby
16. take baby to the community pool
17. go away for a weekend with baby
Overall Goal #2: Make time for myself while being a new Mom!
18. complete a reading challenge
19. take a photo a day for one month (baby doesn’t count!)
20. complete 5 cross stitch projects
21. go for a spa day
22. attend another Paint Nite event
23. take a fitness or dance class
24. maintain my blog by posting at least 52 times
Overall Goal #3: Ensure my marriage and other relationships still thrive post-baby!
25. surprise my husband with a thoughtful gift or gesture
26. get together with friends and talk about anything other than baby
27. organize a ladies night
28. pay off my line of credit
29. take Harlowe to an agility course
30. go away for a weekend without baby
31. create a photo book of our wedding pictures
32. pay off one of our credit cards
33. go on 6 dates with or without baby
I think these goals are totally doable, buuuuut seeing as I’m now slave to a mini human being we’ll have to wait and see whether I’ll actually have the time and inclination. Wish me luck!